1. First things first, we are now a family of 6! Although the adoption won't be finalized for many months, our new 15-year-old daughter is home!
2. Right before our daughter moved in, we took a trip to Pittsburgh to see my parents, my brother, and his girlfriend. We had lots of fun and I was so glad to be able to spend some quality time with my brother's girlfriend.... because.... she's now his fiance!
3. While in Pittsburgh, my parents agreed to watch the little kids for two days so John and I could get a night away. We stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast and ate some fabulous food. It was a great way to spend our 7-year anniversary!
4. Right after our daughter moved in, I left for a crazy two day trip to Wisconsin to meet some of the lovely ladies of the Instagram hashtag KnitTogetherByAdoption. Shala, the fearless KTBA leader is traveling North America with her family to lead retreats for foster and adoptive parents. It was totally worth the 1000+ miles of driving. I feel much more confident and equipped!
5. Much earlier this summer, we were blessed to have dinner with one of my college friends. She was in town for a conference and Notre Dame and was able to spend an evening with us. Although we hadn't seen each other in over a year, the conversation flowed easily and we had a great time! Here's a picture of us from now and one from back in college. I think we've aged quite well!
6. Nana, Granddad, and Uncle Stephen just left our house after a fun four day visit. We packed in lots of things: touring Notre Dame, the Minions movie, swimming, bowling, and a cookout with friends. It was so much fun to have them here, especially because they were able to meet their newest granddaughter!
7. And now we're gearing up for Grandpa and Grandma's visit next week and then the beginning of the school year!