2. At the time, he was living in Texas and I was in Cleveland. We emailed back and forth for a while, then started calling, and ultimately started visiting. Here are some pictures from way back :-)
3. For our first Valentine's Day together, John flew to Cleveland to see me. He surprised me a couple days early and then proceeded to break up with me! We had an awkward 5 day visit that included a trip to Notre Dame, many movies, and some bowling. After he left, we didn't talk again for 6 weeks.
4. Thankfully after "giving me up for lent" as we now joke, he came to his senses and we got back together. To celebrate our renewed relationship, I took John skydiving! (I can't seem to locate a picture of John, but trust me, he looked hot in that jumpsuit! Ha!)
5. That summer I met his family, he met my extended family and we got engaged!
6. We were married a year later in the summer of 2008 and finally moved to the same city!
7. And now live happily ever after :-)
Happy Valentine's Day, John!