1. Christmas morning! There was also a large doll house under the tree that John was still finishing staining when I took the picture! We enjoyed a meat laden brunch to celebrate the end of our vegetarian advent!
2. The day after Christmas we drove through the night to see John's family in New Orleans. Though the drive was rough, and the kids were sick for most of the 10 days we were there, seeing family is always the best :)
3. Finn loved the drum set in Nana and Granddad's garage. Look at him go!
4. Our main Christmas gift from John's parents was a gift certificate for a fancy dinner date at Antoine's. The restaurant is located in the French Quarter, so we did a little strolling before eating. I'd never been to Bourbon Street before, so we got to experience the craziness, but also the charm - there was a little bar where we listened live jazz music! Our dinner was just astoundingly delicious. We spent the meal discussing the exquisite food and also reminiscing about our relationship, especially the early days when we were dating!
5. We took an afternoon trip with Nana and Granddad to Gulfport, Mississippi. It was a chilly and windy 50 degrees when we played on the beach!
6. Last year we went to the Children's Museum and Aquarium, so this year we tried out the Zoo and Insectarium! Seeing all the bugs was certainly a highlight, as was climbing the big tree at the zoo!
7. Some awesome non-photographed things include:
- Grandpa, Grandma and Uncle Erik visiting South Bend to celebrate and early Christmas
- Early Christmas dinner with my cousin and his family
- The Sculpture Garden (I was amazed at how much the kids enjoyed this place!)
- Beignets and duck feeding in City Park
- Celebration in the Oaks
- Trampoline jumping with cousins
- Saints game party
- Probably lots of other things that I will remember only after I hit publish!